The National Institute of Informatics, which is one of the institutes of which said research organization is composed, shall operate and manage a cloud-based experiential service, “QNNcloud.”
The following terms used herein shall have the respective meanings as provided in the following items:
1. ROIS will provide Users with the Service for experimentation, comprised of the following services, on the Website:
2. For the purpose of enhancing and improving the Service, ROIS may, at any time, alter the content thereof (expand or reduce functions, add new functions, etc.). In cases where the content of the Service will be altered pursuant to this paragraph, ROIS will, in advance, announce the details of said alteration, and the time at which said alteration will become effective, to users through the Website.
1. In cases that fall under any of the following items, ROIS may suspend or interrupt the provision of all or some of the Service:
2. In cases where it suspension becomes necessary due to the occurrence of a security incident, ROIS may restrict access to the Service.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 14, ROIS shall not be liable for any losses suffered by a User arising from measures taken by ROIS pursuant to this Article.
1. The purpose of the Service is to provide Users with an opportunity to experiment with quantum neural network computing systems. ROIS shall terminate the Service as of the last day of December 2018. Even before the last day of December 2018, ROIS may terminate the Service, at its own discretion. If the Service will be terminated before the last day of December 2018, ROIS will, in advance, notify users to that effect through the Website.
2. If the Service is terminated, ROIS may use the User Information, except for information that can be used to identify a specific individual (“User Information” refers to Users’ information including personal information acquired under the Service when ROIS provides the Service to Users; the same applies hereinafter) for the purpose of research on quantum neural network computing systems after termination of the Service.
2. Although an Applicant may register as a User in a country other than Japan, the Service shall be provided in accordance with the laws of Japan as prescribed in paragraph 1 of Article 21 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction). If an Applicant uses the Service in a country other than Japan after registering as a User pursuant to this Article, and if the laws of said country are to apply to the provision of the Service of ROIS, and the provision of the Service is considered unlawful in accordance with the laws of said country (including both, the case where providing the Service is considered unlawful, and the case where use of the Service is considered unlawful), an Applicant shall not register as a User.
4. ROIS will issue an account to an Applicant who has applied for User registration pursuant to paragraph 1 of this Article.
1. The account issued upon registering with the Service shall be available only to the User to whom the account was issued. The User shall not cause a third party to use it, loan or assign it, change the title to it, or sell it.
2. The User shall, on his/her own responsibility, properly manage and store the password and User ID (registered e-mail address will be used as the User ID) that the User has set on his/her own with respect to the Service.
3. The User shall be liable for any losses arising from insufficient management of, errors in use of, or use by a third party, etc. of his/her password or User ID (e-mail address). ROIS shall not be liable for such losses.
4. Any and all actions taken on the Service arising from the use of an account issued shall be deemed to be actions of the User to whom said account has been issued.
The Service shall be provided free of charge.
1. When using the Service, the User shall not engage in any act that falls under, or is deemed by ROIS to fall under, any of the following items:
2. The Service shall be provided in accordance with the laws of Japan. If the User uses the Service in a country other than Japan, and if the laws of said country apply to the Service of ROIS, and the provision of the Service is considered unlawful in accordance with the laws of said country (including cases where providing the Service is considered unlawful and cases where using the Service is considered unlawful), the User shall not use the Service.
3. In the event that the User engages in any of the acts listed in the items of paragraph 1 or paragraph 2, ROIS may suspend the User’s use of the Service, delete the User’s account, cancel the Service Use Agreement, delete the information that constitutes the violation, and otherwise take action considered necessary by ROIS.
1. Any and all rights including intellectual property rights (including trademarks) with respect to the Service belong to ROIS and third parties (including licensors of OSS) that grant a license to ROIS. Authorization to exploit the Service hereunder shall not be interpreted as authorizing exploitation or licensing of the intellectual property rights (including trademarks) of ROIS or the third party (including the licensor of OSS) that grants a license to ROIS beyond the use of the Service.
2. If the User needs to exploit the intellectual property rights (including trademarks) of a licensor (including the licensor of OSS) other than ROIS pursuant to the terms of the license of said licensor with respect to the use of the Service, the User shall use the Service pursuant to said terms of such license.
In the event that a User falls under any of the circumstances listed in the following items, ROIS may temporarily suspend said User’s use of the Service, delete the User’s account, or cancel the Service Use Agreement without issuing advance notice or warning:
A User may terminate the Service Use Agreement and delete his/her User account for the future by notifying ROIS.
1. ROIS does not guarantee that the Service conforms to any specific purpose of a User; that the Service has the expected functions, accuracy, or usefulness; that a User’s use of the Service conforms to laws and regulations applicable to a User; or that no malfunction will occur.
2. ROIS does not guarantee that Data will not be lost in all or in part.
1. ROIS shall not be liable for any interruption, suspension, termination, or change in the provision of the Service by ROIS (including third parties providing ROIS with technologies and services necessary for the Service; the same applies hereinafter in this Article), deletion of a User account, data loss due to the use of the Service, or failure or damage of equipment, and any other losses in relation to the Service within the scope permitted by applicable laws, except in cases caused by reasons attributable to ROIS.
2. Except in cases caused by ROIS’s intentional acts or gross negligence, ROIS shall not be liable for compensating for any losses suffered by a User, including incidental losses, indirect losses, special losses, future losses, and any losses pertaining to lost profit, within the scope permitted by laws applicable to the individual Service Use Agreement including the Consumer Contract Act.
3. ROIS shall not be liable for any transactions, communications, or disputes, etc. that occur between one User and another User or a third party with respect to the Service.
2. ROIS may use and disclose statistical information concerning the use of the Service in collaboration with third parties that conduct joint research (including Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation; the same applies hereinafter in this paragraph). Moreover, ROIS may use the Data as the subject of research, and present it at academic conferences or in academic papers, etc. (including presentations overseas at academic conferences or in academic papers, etc.) in collaboration with third parties that conduct joint research (including joint researchers overseas).
1. ROIS has the sole and exclusive right to exploit and use the Data. ROIS may use the Data as the subject of research in collaboration with third parties that conduct joint research on the Data (including Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation and joint researchers overseas), and provide the Data to third parties through presentations at academic conferences or in academic papers, etc. (including presentations overseas at academic conferences or in academic papers, etc.).
2. A User may use the Data only for academic purposes including writing a paper; provided, however, that a User shall clarify that the Data has been generated by QNNcloud so as to make it clear that the Data has been used as the data in a paper.
3. With regard to any inventions, discoveries, technologies and know-how, etc. created by a User as a result of using the Service, a User shall grant to the Organization a nonexclusive, unlimited and irrevocable worldwide license free of charge, and a right to sublicense.
4. ROIS may delete the Data without the prior consent of a User or notification to a User.
The support team mentioned below shall handle any inquires with respect to the Service, and other messages or notifications from Users to ROIS:
"QNNcloud” Support Team
Any notifications with respect to amendments hereof, and other messages or notifications from ROIS to Users shall be posted on the Website.
Copyright QNNcloud All Rights Reserved.